Friday 30 July 2010

Courtesy of Mr Phil Quinn

Weirdly my good friend and genius, Phil Quinn sent me these images yesterday. It was only the night before that I had been on a blog looking at images of the film bubble boy. If great minds think alike then I am extremely happy to be in the company of his.







Harpers Magazine 1963

Last night whilst I was working at one of the finest establishments in Dartford, ahem, there was a bit of an uproar about the new Ipad. The customers had an issue, one person in particular, with the fact that the landlords son who is 6 had one. The usual grumbles of ‘I didn’t have one in when I was younger’ and ‘What does a 6 year old need with an Ipad’ were being thrown around. This is a debate me and my sister often have. She is 8 years older than me and got her first TV for her room when she was 16, I got mine when I was 11/12. She holds a massive grudge against me because of this. TV’s, Ipads and the like were not around when that generation were younger, ergo they did not have them. If they stepped back and stopped being so jealous for a moment they would see that a 6 year old having an Ipad is a brilliant thing. This kid is learning so much from it and will grow up to be far more intelligent than the majority of Neanderthals who berate him.



On another note my Blackberry has broken. The trackpad has just stopped working. This is the second Blackberry I have had and before my first one met its end in a glass of orange juice it didn’t work either. It loved to delete everything whenever it felt like. I received really bad customer service last time from Orange and Blackberry and never got my phone fixed. If this is the case again this time, which is the way it is leaning at the moment, I wont be using Blackberry or Orange anymore. I hate it when brands do not take care of their customers and for some reason its always me that gets given the crappy service. I would love to be surprised and receive good customer service, but it is doubtful. Watch this space.

Final thing. The office I am temping at is the same place I have tempd for the past 3 summers. Every Friday without fail a man and woman park their mobility scooters outside the front of the office and go the fish and chip shop next door. Today there was only one scooter and the woman was sitting in there alone. The man has died. Me and Penny are in mourning.

No comments:

Post a Comment