Wednesday 24 March 2010

Film Film Film

I rarely go to the cinema nowadays as I feel I live in a bubble and don't often even see movie trailers. The past two films I have seen though have really spurred on my love for film again and I massively recommend them both.


Last night I saw Shutter Island, I expected a horror thriller which would have meant me and Amy having to check the cupboards and share a bed, but what I got was one of the most gripping films I have seen in a long while.  I don't want to say too much about the film as I would hate to give it away but you must go and see it! Incredible!


The second film is A Single Man. Just beautiful and has made me really want to read the book. Im saving it for the slog on the trains everyday for work experience. The story wasn't what I expected in a good way. This is a definite purchase when it's released as I think you would pick up so much more from it on the second watch.

I still need to see Alice in Wonderland and hopefully will this weekend, but like Avatar, if I don't get too I will not be that bothered. I think the only thing the film can do is not meet my expectations and leave me feeling a bit 'bluh'. But maybe I will eat my words.....



No comments:

Post a Comment